The core django CMS application is minimal by design. Functionality from basics such as adding text or images to features such as a commenting system is handled via addons. This ensures that the core system is as flexible and extensible as possible.
Some of these addons are installed by default in an Divio django CMS project. They include, amongst others:
- django Filer, an application for managing uploaded images, videos and other files
- django CMS Text CKEditor, our preferred text editor
- django CMS Link, a link plugin
- django CMS Style, a plugin that allows you to wrap other plugins in CSS classes for styling purposes
- django CMS Snippet, a plugin that allows you to insert blocks of arbitrary HTML into other content
- django CMS GoogleMap, a maps plugin
- django CMS Video, a plugin that embeds multiple video types and sources
These plugins are well-supported and regularly updated. They can be regarded as part of your basic django CMS toolbox. However, all of them can be dispensed with or replaced with others if you prefer.
There is a wide variety of available addons on the django CMS Marketplace, and many more available as open-source packages. Developing your own to suit your purposes is easy.
If you need assistance, please contact us and we'll do our best to help you.