Going live on Divio Cloud is a matter of a few simple clicks. This guide will help you to check all necessary steps before the big day.
- Check you have setup the domain correctly and enabled SSL via the environment variables (if necessary)
- Navigate to "Live settings" and chose a subscription plan for the live server
- Check if all Environment Variables are set properly (e.g. sometimes you might need different tokens for the Test and Live server)
- Go to the overview by clicking "Dashboard" and select "Copy Data from from Test and Deploy" on the live server panel (see screenshot at the end of the article). Note that this will replicate the data from the test server to the live server and make the site publicly available.
- Find any potential performance bottlenecks with a tool like https://tools.pingdom.com/
- Run a crawler on the live site to check for dead links, e.g. https://validator.w3.org/checklink or https://wummel.github.io/linkchecker/
That's it! Let us know if you have any questions, we're here to help 😊
Did this answer your question?