Before beginning to work on your website, you will first need to create a new project in your Divio Cloud Control Panel. The project represents the entirety of your website, including files, settings, etc.
Adding a new Project
- Go to your Divio Cloud Control Panel.
2. Hit the Add a new Project button.
3. Name and Context: Give your project an appropriate name, and decide whether it belongs in your Personal context or to an organisation.
4. Creation: Generally, you will opt to create a New project. (You can also choose to Duplicate or Fork an existing project, complete with its content. Making a Duplicate of our Explorer site is a good way to start if you are not yet very familiar with django CMS and want to Explore what it can do.) See our explanation of the difference between New, Duplicate and Fork.
5. Region: Where will your project be hosted? Please note that options other than the default will have pricing implications.
6. Python: Select the version of Python you want to use.
7. Type: Create a django CMS project (default), a Wagtail project or a plain Django project.
8. Boilerplates: Select the frontend set-up you'd like your new site to use.
9. Hit the Create Project button.
10. Your Project is now set up and ready to customise! The next screen that you will see is your Project’s dashboard.
Configuring your Project’s general settings
- From your Project Dashboard, go to General Settings.
2. Choose your Base Project Release Channel preferences if needed.
3. Select Your Project Languages – This section represents the language/s in which you plan to publish your website.
4. Under the Boilerplate section you will find your preconfigured project boilerplate.
5.Under Enable PageSpeed you can use Google PageSpeed to optimize your website. You may choose to use this option for your test server or your live server.
6. Enable Browser Caching if you prefer to cache your static resources into your browser.
7. Once your settings are configured, hit Save Settings at the bottom right corner of the page to save your changes.