Your Boilerplates section can be accessed from the top navigation bar in your Control Panel.
In this section, you will find any pre-existing boilerplates, as well as an Add custom Boilerplate option.
1. Set up your boilerplate in the Add Custom Boilerplate screen:
- Add a Name - This is the name that you will see displayed in your Control Panel.
- Add a Package Name - This is a system wide unique package name used to reference from the commandline.
- Choose your Organisation.
- Hit Create Boilerplate to save your settings.
2. Configure your new Boilerplate General Settings:
- The Name field will contain the value you previously entered. You may change the name at this point if you need to.
- The Package Name has been previously defined, therefore it is recommended to leave the package name as it is; especially if you are accessing this boilerplate later on. As your project develops and you use the boilerplate, the package name will be referenced, therefore changing the package name at a later stage can have unintended consequences.
- The identifier - the Boilerplate namespace (ALDRYN_BOILERPLATE_NAME) used for boilerplate specific templates and static files.
- The Description field is the ideal place to use for an explanation of your Boilerplate: its purpose, specificities or anything you deem important to know.
- The License that applies to your Boilerplate.
Your Boilerplate configuration will also allow you to see the version history in a dedicated Versions section. As you update your Boilerplate, you will see each version being listed here. If your Boilerplate has just been created, there won’t be any versions listed.
How to share your custom boilerplate
- From your Boilerplate configuration area, select Sharing Settings, from the boilerplates menu.
- Check the list of collaborators who have access to your Boilerplate, if required. Underneath, you can add the email addresses of the collaborators to whom you would like to grant access. Here you can also choose whether you want to allow them to make updates to the Boilerplate or not.
- Choose the Transfer to an Organisation option if you need to transfer the Boilerplate to a different organisation.